Import tax on several essential items slashed
Posted in Local News
Import tax on dhal, canned fish, Big Onions and sugar was lifted from today considering the cost of living and hardships faced by the people due to COVID-19, Presidential Media Unit said.
Accordingly, a kilo of sugar will be Rs. 85, a kilo of Big Onions Rs. 100 and a tin of canned fish (large) Rs. 200 from tonight.
- Sri Lanka relaxes import restrictions on over 300 items June 10, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to go ahead with privatising SLT despite ‘NO’ from S.O.C. on National Security June 10, 2023
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
Some people are desperately trying to reduce COL.
Will happen only on paper,
Don’t work against law of supply and demand.
Dhal, canned fish, Big Onions and sugar have already disappeared from shelves.