Warrant not necessary to arrest Rishad Bathiudeen: Court tells CID
Fort Magistrate Priyantha Liyanage on Tuesday (13) said the Criminal Investigations Department does not need a warrant from a court in order to arrest MP Rishad Bathiudeen and two others, based on the nature of the charges filed against them.
The Fort Magistrate turned-down the request made by the Criminal Investigations Department to issue a warrant for the arrest of Rishad Bathiudeen and two others.
Fort Magistrate Priyantha Liyanage ordered the CID to act accordingly and report facts to the court.
Attorney General Dappula De Livera had directed the Acting IGP to obtain a warrant from Court and Arrest MP Rishad Bathuideen on charges of Criminal Misappropriation of Public Funds and Violation of Election Laws with regard to the Transportation of IDPs in CTB buses to vote at the 2019 Presidential Election.
(Source: News 1st)
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
Which came first? The chicken or the egg?
If that is the case, arrest him and put him behind bars! I trust there is sufficient evidence to do this. If the SL police is capable of releasing prisoners in their custody they can also arrest people like MP Rishad Bathiudeen .