We have short memories and five years on how many still remember the humanitarian rescue operation? Those that laugh and sneer at the rescue may like to ask would the LTTE do the same? The truth is bitter to swallow. These Tamils begging for water and food, looking as if they had not eaten for weeks were afterall relieved to have been saved from ‘their sole representative’. How many Tamils even non-Tamils viewed LTTE as their hero? If so what is their answer for the pictures below. The truth is these Vanni Tamils are ‘Nobodys Children’ – They are used by Tamil politicians. They were used by the LTTE and other Tamil militant groups and they are used by the NGOs/INGO and other activists to lobby against Sri Lanka. None of them however, have given anything to uplift their welfare. They were only used and meant to be used. It is a case of all Tamils against them!
Our questions for the TRO, the Tamil Coordinating Committee, the British Tamil Forum, the World Tamil Movement, the Canadian Tamil Congress, the Australian Tamil Congress, the Global Tamil Forum, the National Council of Canadian Tamils, the Tamil National Council, the Tamil Youth Organization, the World Tamil Coordinating Committee, the Tamil Eelam People’s Assembly, the World Tamil Relief Fund, the Transnational Government of Tamil Eelam all now proscribed as foreign terrorists under UNSC Resolution 1373, most of whom established their organizations after the elimination of the LTTE but were linked under various other names is….
- Where were they when LTTE were committing crimes and why were they raising funds to purchase weapons and material and watching LTTE kidnap children and make into child soldiers instead of giving funds to the real victims?
- Why did they not appeal to the LTTE to release the Tamil civilians? Why have they chosen to campaign for the rights of the Tamil civilians after they were rescued by Sri Lanka’s forces? Could they have not done so before the LTTE carted them forcibly to be used as human shields/hostages.
- Just see the state of these civilians. People need to next take the pictures of the LTTE fronts operating from overseas and their gala dinners to raise funds because these funds never came to the Tamil people – the funds they raised abroad went to the LTTE and among themselves.
- In what ways have these LTTE fronts pretending to be ‘giving’ and parading themselves as human rights angels contributed to the welfare of these Tamils that were taken by the LTTE, the same lot of Tamils from whom LTTE plucked its cadres, LTTE used as suicide cadres? None of the Colombo Tamils, Jaffna Tamils, none of the elite and high caste Tamils became LTTE cadres. The Colombo, Jaffna and high caste/class Tamils held Top Positions in the LTTE but they were never on the ground. This aspect needs to get highlighted.
- What is the contribution that these LTTE fronts have made during the conflict and even after? They are collecting monthly contributions from Tamils and Tamil businesses, they are running scores of illegal international rackets so what have they done to uplift the lives of these Tamils shown below?
- Yet these LTTE fronts having done nothing carried out a vengeful campaign with the help of others on their payroll to completely discredit what the Sri Lankan Troops did to rescue these Tamils while taking on the LTTE.
- Our troops need to be saluted again for their bravery and the kindness shown to these people most of whom we know were not all ‘civilians’. We are yet to know how many were true civilians by definition for we know LTTE had a civilian force, civilians did take part in hostilities voluntarily and by force, there were LTTE posing as civilians and there are scores of Tamil Nadu illegal immigrants pretending to be Sri Lankan Tamils. Yet, without picking and choosing every person in need of help was provided assistance.
- What did these Sri Lanka Troops get as gratitude for their relief efforts?
- They were accused of committing ‘genocide’ of Tamils when they saved close to 300,000
- They gave water and food and took rescued civilians to shelters – they were accused of putting them into ‘internment camps’
- They carried the feeble, the sick, the old and even babies – they were accused of ‘torture and rape’ ‘war crimes’
- Who are the 16 proscribed organizations to point fingers?
- What have they done to give them any right to point fingers? They supported the perpetrators the LTTE and not the victims. That needs to be cleared.
- What also needs to be made clear and this is very crucial for the people who are UNP fans is that the ‘War on Terror’ commenced with the 9/11 attacks, UN laws were changed to go after ‘terrorists’ when Sri Lanka could have easily joined that for the desire to come into power and a make-believe dream of ‘peace’ and removal of ‘checkpoints’ in utter selfishness the 2002 Ceasefire was signed in order to legitimize territory that LTTE held by force. Not only that the exposure of Sri Lanka’s intelligence most of whom were Tamils and Muslims ended up with LTTE hounding each down and killing them one after the other. We cannot forget all the people who were part of that treacherous 2002 ceasefire agreement, we should not forget all those party to the ISGA, PTOMs agreements all of which were selfishly motivated and had nothing to do with the welfare of the Sri Lankan public. Let each of us be honest enough to accept the facts as they are.
- These pictures will show the humanity with which our soldiers carried out the operation to eliminate the LTTE while saving all people that the LTTE kept as hostages and human shields.
HONESTLY TELLL US – DO THESE PHOTOS LOOK AS IF SRI LANKA’S ARMED FORCES ARE COMMITTING ‘GENOCIDE’ ‘WAR CRIMES’ ‘CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY’
SHOULD WE NOT PAY MORE GRATITUDE TO THEM?
The Defense Ministry should erect a permanent public display of these pictures capturing the effort taken by Sri Lanka’s Armed Forces to assist scores of Tamils denied food, water and lifeless to even go against the LTTE during the last phase of the war. All foreign dignitaries must be taken their and a Guest Book will help tabulate the thoughts of all visitors.
Do these pictures give you the impression that Sri Lanka’s armed forces were committing ‘GENOCIDE’ ‘WAR CRIMES’ ‘CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY’ ‘TORTURE AND RAPE’ THAT THE ORGANIZATIONS WITH LINKS TO LTTE, ORGANIZATIONS THAT FUNDED LTTE, ORGANIZATIONS THAT HAD PROVIDED ‘MATERIAL SUPPORT’ TO THE LTTE ACCUSE OF?
The Sri Lankan Nation must stand up against the lies.
– by Shenali D Waduge