Many stranded due to railway strike
Posted in Local News
A large number of commuters have been stranded due to the ongoing island wide railway strike which was launched by the Professional Railway Trade Union Alliance (PRTUA) last night.
Railway authorities said that less than 15 trains out of 108 are in operation.
Meanwhile, SLTB said that special buses have been deployed starting from main stations in Matara, Galle, Gampaha and Kandy to Colombo due to the strike.
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
- JVP asks public not to be distracted by circuses June 5, 2023
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023