Indian ship “Shakthi” arrives with 100 tonnes of liquid oxygen
Indian Navy Ship INS Shakti reached Colombo Harbour today (22) with 100 Tonnes of liquid medical oxygen purchased by the Sri Lanka government from India.
The ship sailed from Visakhapatnam Port to Sri Lanka.
The Sri Lankan government recently decided to purchase 100 metric tons of oxygen from India for COVID-19 treatment centres.
Later, the Cabinet of Ministers approved a monthly purchase of 350,000 more liters of liquid medical Oxygen to further assist the treatment processes.
Indian High Commission in Colombo said that more oxygen consignments will reach Sri Lanka shortly.
Meanwhile, Sri Lankan Navy vessel Shakthi which has departed from Chennai Port carrying 40 tonnes will also arrive in the country tomorrow.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Official Creditor Committee confirms debt treatment deal with Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka President appoints Deshabandu Tennakoon as acting IGP November 29, 2023
- Creditor nations likely to agree on Sri Lanka debt restructuring – report November 29, 2023
- Netherlands returns six looted colonial-era artefacts to Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023