Indictments served on Rajitha Senaratne at High court
The Colombo High Court served indictments on Minister Rajitha Senaratne and two others over the case allegedly causing a loss to the government when leasing out the Modara Fisheries harbour to a private company while he was Fisheries Minister in 2014.
The case was taken up before Colombo High Court Judge Pradeep Hettiarachchi today (18) and after serving the indictments, he ordered to release former Minister of Fisheries Rajitha Senaratne, former Chairman of the Fisheries Corporation Upali Liyanage and a former working director of the Corporation Neil Ravindra Munasinghe on surety bails amounting to Rs.1 million each.
The Judge also ordered officials to obtain fingerprints of the defendants and submit a report. The case will be taken up for hearing once again on the 21st of April.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka reports 80,222 dengue cases with 47 deaths December 11, 2023
- Sri Lanka Parliament decides to debate VAT (amendment) Bill today December 11, 2023
- ‘Unfair, Really Surprised’: Anjum Chopra on Chamari Athapaththu going unsold at WPL Auction December 11, 2023
- Sri Lankan migrant workers remit 5.4 Billion USD in first 11 months December 10, 2023
- Countrywide power outage in Sri Lanka due to a system failure December 9, 2023