Interim order issued preventing TID from arresting, recording statements from former AG Dappula De Livera
The Court of Appeal today (April 24) issued an interim order on the Terrorism Investigation Division (TID) preventing the arrest or recording of a statement from Former Attorney General Dappula De Livera.
The Former Attorney General was summoned to the TID on three separate occasions to record a statement with regard to a comment he made over the 2019 Easter Sunday Bomb Attacks.
Earlier today (April 24), Dappula De Livera had filed a petition through his lawyers before the Court of Appeals with regard to the summons issued on him to appear before the TID for obtaining a statement from him.
It was taken up for consideration by Justice Nissanka Bandula Karunaratne and A. Marikkar today (April 24)
President’s Counsel Romesh De Silva appeared for the Former Attorney General, along with Attorneys Shanaka Cooray and Dimitri Abeysekera.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s acting finance minister says positive progress in securing second IMF tranche September 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023