Israel’s Sri Lankans will be evacuated if needed – Minister
Foreign Affairs Minister Ali Sabry, PC said if there is a need to evacuate Sri Lankans from Israel, steps will be taken to bring them home as soon as possible.
He said that the Sri Lankan Embassy in Tel Aviv, Israel is closely monitoring the Sri Lankans staying in Israel and the team headed by the Sri Lankan Ambassador is working on this with their utmost dedication.
It has been discovered that a large number of Sri Lankans are currently staying in Israel and steps will be taken to send them to detention centres, if it is necessary due to the ongoing war conflicts. He also said that the Sri Lankan Embassy in Israel is working closely with regional missions, including the United Arab Emirates in this regard.
He also said that the Sri Lankan Embassy in Israel is constantly exchanging information with the Sri Lankans staying in Israel and it has received information that two Sri Lankans are missing and one more Sri Lankan is injured so far.
(Source: Daily News – By Mahinda Aluthgedara)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka issues its first digitized national birth certificate December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Defence Ministry refutes reports of ‘lavish spending’ for entertaining military heads December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka moving towards social revolution – Anura December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs US $ 1.4 trillion additional investment to realise SDGs by 2030: IPS study December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Sports Minister appoints new National Sports Council December 4, 2023