Jana Sevana Launches Million Houses tomorrow
The Jana Sevana Housing Development Project aimed to construct one million houses will commence tomorrow under the Chairmanship of President Mahinda Rajapakse at Mihindupura Housing Project in Kirulapana. 60 thousand of these houses will be constructed during this year.
The Minister of Engineering, Housing Construction and Common Amenities Mr. Wimal Weerawansa disclosed this when a function was held in Colombo yesterday in connection with the launch of official logo and the song relating to the Jana Sevana Project.
He said that it is the objective of the government to provide a house to every family in the country and it is with this objective the Jana Sevana Project is being implemented. The Minister said that Private Sector assistance will also be solicited in the implementation of this project and requested the assistance of the media as well for the success of this project.(niz)
Source: Government News Portal
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka revises fuel prices from March 05, 2024 March 4, 2024
- Electricity tariff to be reduced by 21.9% from midnight today March 4, 2024
- Court extends enjoining order safeguarding Sarath Fonseka’s positions in SJB until March 19, 2024 March 4, 2024
- Two former Sri Lankan police officers sentenced to death over custodial death March 4, 2024
- Manna Roshan’s brother killed in Hanwella shooting March 4, 2024