John, Pavithra back Mahinda, attend Balangoda meeting
Ratnapura District MPs John Seneviratne and Pavitra Wanniarachchi yesterday pledged their support for the on-going campaign to bring back former President Mahinda Rajapaksa as the UPFA’s prime ministerial candidate at the next parliamentary election.
Several rallies organised by political parties belonging to the UPFA alliance have been held in different parts of the country as part of the bring-back-Mahinda campaign.MPs Seneviratne and Wanniarachchi didn’t participate in the pro-Mahinda rallies earlier.
Wanniarachchi was one of the four ministers who resigned their portfolios last week.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Supreme Court invalidates Cabinet decision granting Paget road residence to Maithripala Sirisena February 29, 2024
- Nagananda Kodituwakku barred from practicing as Attorney-at-Law February 29, 2024
- Sri Lanka President highlights country’s Indian ocean security commitment at Pathfinder Conference February 29, 2024
- 36 persons injured in a bus accident in Monaragala February 29, 2024
- IMF Team to conduct second review of Sri Lanka’s EFF program in March 2024 February 28, 2024