JVP commends teachers decision to resume teaching
The JVP says the decision reached by teachers and principals trade unions to report to work on Monday, the 25th of October, when schools reopen under the first phase, was the correct decision.
Speaking during a media briefing at the party headquarters Chief Secretary of the JVP Tilvin Silva said through the decision, efforts made by the government to provoke parents and children against teachers was defeated.
He claimed the government attempted to portray the teachers fair struggle, as a fight against children.
He added therefore teachers’ and principals’ unions decided to refrain from reporting to work on Thursday and Friday as proposed by the government, but will resume teaching activities from Monday.
Tilvin Silva said the public must commend the decision reached by teachers to resume teaching activities on the 25th of this month.
(Source: News Radio)
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s key inflation rate eases to 25.2% in May June 1, 2023
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023