Kalubowila children’s ward closed due to germ
The children’s ward of the Colombo South Teaching Hospital, Kalubowila has been temporarily closed down due to a germ entering the ward. Director of the hospital Dr. Anil Jasinghe noted that this was a normal situation and that the ward will be reopened in a few days after it is cleaned.
He added that surrounding hospitals have already been informed of the situation.
Courtesy: Ada Derana
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023