‘Kanjipani Imran’ given 6 year rigorous jail term
The Colombo High Court today sentenced notorious drug kingpin Mohamed Najim Mohamed Imran alias ‘Kanjipani Imran’ to 6 years in prison for the possession and trafficking of 5.3 kg of cannabis.
The order was issued by Colombo High Court judge Gihan Kulathunga this morning.
‘Kanjipani Imran’ is presently in the custody of the Colombo Crimes Division.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Permission not given to Chinese ship to dock, India’s concerns important: Sabry September 26, 2023
- Sri Lanka squad named for ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 September 26, 2023
- S&P raises Sri Lanka local currency ratings to ‘CCC+/C’, says outlook stable September 26, 2023
- Sri Lanka President expresses dissatisfaction with country’s current education system September 26, 2023
- Chinese model breaks U.S. hegemony: former Sri Lankan diplomat September 26, 2023