Sri Lanka central bank cuts rates by 50 bps
Posted in Local News
Sri Lanka’s central bank cut its key interest rates on Friday, in a surprise move to boost sluggish growth after the country’s tourism sector and investments plummeted following the Easter day attacks.
The Central Bank of Sri Lanka cut both the standing deposit facility rate (SDFR) and standing lending facility rate (SLFR) by 50 basis points to 7% and 8%, respectively.
A Reuters poll had expected the central bank to keep rates steady.
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya arrested over remarks on Buddhism May 28, 2023
- Veteran Diplomat Jayantha Dhanapala passes away May 27, 2023