Rs.160 million paid for 85 NWSDB employees-Hakeem coordinators: COPE
The Committee on Public Enterprises (COPE) revealed yesterday that a staggering Rs.160 million had been paid as salaries to 85 employees of the National Water Supply and Drainage Board (NWSDB) who were recruited as ministerial coordinating officers of Subject Minister Rauff Hakeem since 2015.
It was revealed at the COPE session held yesterday that 35 out of 85 coordinating officers continue to savour a monthly remuneration of Rs.250,000 including a fuel allowance.
COPE Chairman Sunil Handunnetti ordered NWSDB officials to submit a comprehensive report on the said coordinating officers in order to determine their roles. “I called for a report on this issue during an earlier instance too, but to no avail,” he said.
(Source: Daily Mirror – By Yohan Perera and Ajith Siriwardana)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka lacks commitment and discipline – Murali December 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President Ranil Wickremesinghe meets Bill Gates December 3, 2023
- Indian envoy visits Sri Lanka’s north, underscores India’s commitment to country December 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President at COP28 urges bold action in the face of alarming climate predictions December 2, 2023
- Diana Gamage, Sujith Perera and Rohana Bandara banned from Parliament December 2, 2023