Kanjipani Imran granted bail
Posted in Local News
Underworld gang leader Kanchipani Imran was released by the Colombo Magistrate’s Court on Tuesday (December 20) after he fulfilled his bail conditions.
The suspect was barred from travelling overseas, and was released on a personal bail of Rs. 5 Million.
He had been placed behind bars on remand for threatening a police officer, pursuant to the provisions of the Prevention of Terrorism Act (PTA).
However, the police later rolled back the charges filed under the PTA and lodged new charges under the Penal Code.
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka must protect the right to freedom of expression June 9, 2023
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023