Karuna answers Blake: No race distinction in Police
There is no racial basis in the appointments to the Sri Lankan police, Resettlement and Rehabilitation Deputy Minister Vinayagamoorthy Muralidaran said responding to US Assistant Secretary of State for South and Central Asia,
Robert Blake’s statement was that Police comprising Tamils should be deployed in the North since the military was no longer needed to perform police duties.
He further said Police cannot be categorized as Tamil, Sinhala or Muslim. “Police is Police, there is no racial distinction,” he added.
The Police which is comprised of all ethnic groups will have to maintain law and order anywhere in the country be it North or South, he said.
Courtesy: Daily News
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023