Keheliya unaware if Duminda is a suspect in Baratha killing
The best course of action to take regarding the death of former MP Baratha Lakshman Premachandra is to stay quiet until the investigations are completed, Media Minister, Keheliya Rambukwella stated.
Speaking at the cabinet briefing today (October 20) in Colombo, he said that investigations were ongoing regarding the incident while telling journalists that he was unaware of whether MP Duminda Silva was a suspect in the case.
In reply to statements made by Baratha Lakshman’s family that an impartial investigation was not being carried out regarding the murder, Minister Rambukwella said that the former MP’s family had the right to express their personal opinions but ensured the media that all measures are been taken to ensure that justice is served.
Courtesy: Ada Derana
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Keheliya Rambukwella further remanded until March 14, 2024 February 29, 2024
- Supreme Court invalidates Cabinet decision granting Paget road residence to Maithripala Sirisena February 29, 2024
- Nagananda Kodituwakku barred from practicing as Attorney-at-Law February 29, 2024
- Sri Lanka President highlights country’s Indian ocean security commitment at Pathfinder Conference February 29, 2024
- 36 persons injured in a bus accident in Monaragala February 29, 2024