Keheliya unaware if Duminda is a suspect in Baratha killing
The best course of action to take regarding the death of former MP Baratha Lakshman Premachandra is to stay quiet until the investigations are completed, Media Minister, Keheliya Rambukwella stated.
Speaking at the cabinet briefing today (October 20) in Colombo, he said that investigations were ongoing regarding the incident while telling journalists that he was unaware of whether MP Duminda Silva was a suspect in the case.
In reply to statements made by Baratha Lakshman’s family that an impartial investigation was not being carried out regarding the murder, Minister Rambukwella said that the former MP’s family had the right to express their personal opinions but ensured the media that all measures are been taken to ensure that justice is served.
Courtesy: Ada Derana
- Sri Lanka appointed Special parliamentary committee to probe New Diamond, X-Press Pearl disasters June 6, 2023
- Cabinet approves proposal to reduce Maximum Retail Prices of 60 types of medicine June 6, 2023
- Two officers of Agrarian Service Centre arrested for soliciting a bribe June 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
KR is playing it safe. This is the beginning of sweeping it all under the carpet. First hand evidence will be lost. Eye witnesses will be bought and silenced. DS will be strutting the streets again, even stronger, with more villains for security, armed to the teeth with Defence Ministry weapons ofcourse. What a laugh! This is the real Mahinda Chintanaya Idiri Dekma, ha ha!
Come on KR! Tell your story to the navvies!
If any organization looking for hire staff to their company they look for qulaifications and experience but to enter respected PARLIMENT no qualifications needs. So the Minister was answer politically to avoid any hazels. If you wants to live you have to be smart and make happy everyone democratically or WIN-WIN situation. Good job..
“It used to be a fun house,but now it’s full of evil crown”