Knife-wielding robber makes off with Rs 1.7 million from finance company
A man wearing a full face helmet had robbed Rs.1.7 million worth cash from a finance company at Chavakachcheri in Jaffna this morning.
Police said that armed robbery had taken place at around 8.15 am today (19) at the branch of a finance company located at Chavakachcheri on the A9 road.
The investigations revealed that the suspect had walked into the company and had threatened the cashier with a knife before fleeing the scene with robbed cash.
Police said the finance company had not employed a security guard.
Chavakachcheri Police is conducting further investigations.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Keheliya Rambukwella further remanded until March 14, 2024 February 29, 2024
- Supreme Court invalidates Cabinet decision granting Paget road residence to Maithripala Sirisena February 29, 2024
- Nagananda Kodituwakku barred from practicing as Attorney-at-Law February 29, 2024
- Sri Lanka President highlights country’s Indian ocean security commitment at Pathfinder Conference February 29, 2024
- 36 persons injured in a bus accident in Monaragala February 29, 2024