Kudu Baba arrested
The Vavuniya police today arrested an alleged drug dealer known as ‘Kudu Baba’ who had run an illegal drug business in the area since the end of the war, with 500 grams of heroin in his possession.
The arrest had been made on an intelligence report received by the STF in Vavuniya and further information regarding the racket was exposed to police by the frequent incoming calls to the suspect’s phone.
Police also suspect that this person was the kingpin who had earlier carried out the narcotics business in the area through pedlars via text messages and telephone calls.
Courtesy: DM Online
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Parliament approves VAT (amendment) Bill December 11, 2023
- Sri Lanka reports 80,222 dengue cases with 47 deaths December 11, 2023
- Sri Lanka Parliament decides to debate VAT (amendment) Bill today December 11, 2023
- ‘Unfair, Really Surprised’: Anjum Chopra on Chamari Athapaththu going unsold at WPL Auction December 11, 2023
- Sri Lankan migrant workers remit 5.4 Billion USD in first 11 months December 10, 2023