Kurunegala Hospital staff reject Rajitha committee
All staff members of the Kurunegala Teaching Hospital have refused to co-operate with the committee experts appointed by Health Minister Rajitha Senaratne to look into allegations against Dr. Seigu Siyabdeen Safi, currently in police custody.
The hospital workers have called for a presidential inquiry as they have no faith in the committee appointed by the Health Minister. They have informed the Hospital Director of their decision in writing.
Secretary to the Ministry of Health Wasantha Perera has appointed the six-member Committee on Senarathne’s instructions.
(Source: The Island – By Hemantha Randunu)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Nadeesha Dilhani Lekamge wins Asian Games athletics medal after 17 years October 3, 2023
- World Bank boosts Sri Lanka economic forecasts after inflation progress October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President slams western media, says no to international probe October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Bondholder Lawsuit Should Be Put on Hold, U.S. Says October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch new vehicle revenue license system (eRL 2.0) on October 7 October 3, 2023