LANKAN BOXER MANJU WANNIARACHCHI FAILS IN B SAMPLE TEST
November 14, 2010: Manju Wanniarachchi, the Sri Lankan boxer alleged to have taken nandrolone, the banned performance enhancing drug at the Commonwealth Games in New Delhi, has failed in the B Sample test.
Dr. Geethanjana Mendis, chief of the Sports Medical Unit, confirmed this to Newsfirst a little while ago.
However, Kalinga Indatissa, the lawyer representing Manju Wanniarachchi, points out that the relevant urine samples had not been tested properly.
“We plan to challenge the results of the B Sample test,” said Indatissa.
Manju was earlier declared to have taken the banned drug after the A Sample test. However, Manju challenged the findings and called on the organisers for a B Sample test.
He won the gold medal at the XIX Commonwealth Games Boxing Bantam Weight 56-kilo category.
Courtesy: News First
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka to receive about $600 million ADB funding post-IMF approval – official December 6, 2023