Laws to curb emergence of terror groups needed – PM
New laws including regulations to control hate speech should be introduced soon to prevent the emergence of new terror groups in the future, Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe said yesterday.
Premier Wickremesinghe was speaking at a ceremony held in Ampara to distribute Samurdhi relief to over 600,000 families. He said the attorney general and the justice ministry was currently taking measures on the above matter.
The Prime Minister said the National Thawheed Jamaath (NTJ) and other groups supporting IS terrorism have been nabbed but new groups could emerge in future. He said therefore new laws to stop the emergence of new terrorist groups were necessary.
(Source: Daily News)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka aims to streamline tax structure, boost collections October 4, 2023
- Tharushi Karunarathna wins Gold at Asian Games in China October 4, 2023
- Litro gas prices increased from tonight (October 04) October 4, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Health Minister says people seeking treatment at government hospitals have increased by 40% October 4, 2023
- Court dismisses misappropriation case against Ajith Nivard Cabraal and Lalith Weeratunga October 4, 2023