‘Leave cancelled to support COVID-19 mitigation programme’
Police Media Spokesman Superintendent of Police Jaliya Senaratne says leave of all Police officers has been cancelled, in order to provide maximum support to the COVID-19 mitigation programme being implemented by the government.
He added the Acting Inspector General of Police had requested all officers to provide their fullest support for this purpose.
Superintendent Senaratne also requested the public to continue to abide by curfew regulations and quarantine measures and support measures in place, adding the government’s efforts have been successful thus far.
He noted there are several persons who have failed to fully grasp the gravity of the present crisis and continue to violate curfew regulations and quarantine measures.
The Superintendent said it is regretful that several persons act in such a manner, while a majority of the public have supported the cause.
Police urged the public to support the programme by remaining at their residences during curfew.
(Source: News Radio)
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s key inflation rate eases to 25.2% in May June 1, 2023
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023