Levies of several essential items reduced
Posted in Local News
The Ministry of Finance has reduced the special commodity levy on several essential items including potatoes, big onions, Dhal, coconut and vegetable oil.
The announcement was made by Finance Minister Mangala Samraweera at a press conference held at the ministry in Colombo today (8).
He stated that the tax revision will come into effect from midnight today and that relevant Gazette notification has been issued.
List of essential items:
|Item||Levy Reduced By (Per Kg)|
|Dried Sprats||Rs. 10|
|Big Onions||Rs. 39|
|Dhal (Whole)||Rs. 9|
|Dhal (Split)||Rs. 12|
|Dried Fish||Rs. 50|
|Unrefined Palm Oil/Other Vegetable Oils||Rs. 15|
|Refined Palm Oil/Other Vegetable Oils||Rs. 25|
|Palm Kernel Oil||Rs. 35|
|Coconut Oil (Refined and Unrefined)||Rs. 25|
- Sri Lanka-born woman in UK becomes youngest ever non-white Crown Court judge June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka appointed Special parliamentary committee to probe New Diamond, X-Press Pearl disasters June 6, 2023
- Cabinet approves proposal to reduce Maximum Retail Prices of 60 types of medicine June 6, 2023
- Two officers of Agrarian Service Centre arrested for soliciting a bribe June 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
Yes including Beer & Wine!
Good on you Hon Mangy,
In addition to the Beer, Arrack and Wine, reduce the tax on fags too. That will help in eliminating the stressed-out working class in SL.
Then, Yahapalana GOSL can give the whole island on lease to China because there will be no Sri Lankans to do any kind of work!
I don’t get it. Finance minister talking about potetos, big onions and dried fish.
subsidies to grow ganja (cannabis sativa) for export. We must take the initiative for cannabis will be legalised throughout europe and we must be ready by breeding the best stuff. I have follwed the cannabis story for the past 20 years in the US and I studied the Cannabis plant while i was researching in the DoA as hemp it is the same plant. I smoked the stuff as an undergraduate then grew some at the research station where i worked and went on ganja raids in Mahiyangana.
The department ought get someone to create a germplasm of endemic varities of lankan cannabis and strengthen it through imports from keral and the carrabian islandss. As is in the US a single bud sells at about US40.00 most of the stuff come through drug cartels in S america. Local stuff is grown illegallay under controlled eco systems.
I hope samaraweera does not plan a maranthon declaration at the end of which the budget defecit would be trillion billion rupees