Litro to release 800,000 cylinders of gas soon
Posted in Local News
Around 800,000 cylinders of domestic gas will be released to the market during the course of the coming week to remedy the ongoing scarcity, Litro Gas Lanka Ltd said.
Marketing and Sales Director of the company Janaka Pathiratne stated that one of the main reasons for the current shortage of gas cylinders in the local market is due to an extra demand for gas caused by sudden standstill of Laughs Gas operations.
He said though Litro Gas had released a stock of 700,000 cylinders of gas to the market, this had not been enough to cover the scarcity. However, Pathiratne expressed hope that the current shortage could be overcome within the next week.
(Source: Ceylon Today – By Upatissa Perera)
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023