Litro to release 800,000 cylinders of gas soon
Around 800,000 cylinders of domestic gas will be released to the market during the course of the coming week to remedy the ongoing scarcity, Litro Gas Lanka Ltd said.
Marketing and Sales Director of the company Janaka Pathiratne stated that one of the main reasons for the current shortage of gas cylinders in the local market is due to an extra demand for gas caused by sudden standstill of Laughs Gas operations.
He said though Litro Gas had released a stock of 700,000 cylinders of gas to the market, this had not been enough to cover the scarcity. However, Pathiratne expressed hope that the current shortage could be overcome within the next week.
(Source: Ceylon Today – By Upatissa Perera)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka reports 80,222 dengue cases with 47 deaths December 11, 2023
- Sri Lanka Parliament decides to debate VAT (amendment) Bill today December 11, 2023
- ‘Unfair, Really Surprised’: Anjum Chopra on Chamari Athapaththu going unsold at WPL Auction December 11, 2023
- Sri Lankan migrant workers remit 5.4 Billion USD in first 11 months December 10, 2023
- Countrywide power outage in Sri Lanka due to a system failure December 9, 2023