Lotus Tower to be opened on September 16
The Lotus Tower, South Asia’s largest tower measuring 350 metres, would be declared open on September 16 at 5.00 pm under the aegis of President Maithripala Sirisena.
USD 104 million has been spent for construction of the tower and eighty per cent of the cost has been funded by the EXIM Bank of China.
The tower comprizes of a telecommunication museum, a restaurant, supermarkets, food courts, conference halls with seating for 400 people, a 1,000-seat auditorium, luxury hotel rooms, ball rooms and an observation gallery.
(Source: Daily Mirror)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023