Luxury bus service starts today
The Sri Lanka Transport Board (SLTB) will start a super luxury bus service on the Southern Expressway from today.
The Highways Ministry has granted permission for the operation of SLTB super luxury buses on the Expressway after Transport Minister Kumara Welgama sought permission for bus operation on the Expressway from President Mahinda Rajapaksa who is also the Highways Minister.
Two buses starting from 6.00 a.m. and 8.00 am from Maharagama and Galle will be in operation till 5.00 p.m. A bus will leave Maharagama and Galle every two hours till 5 p.m.
Transport Minister Kumara Welgama, Deputy Minister Rohana Kumara Dissanayake and chairman of SLTB M.D. Bandusena will participate in the launching ceremony at Maharagama today.
A passenger will pay Rs 380 on starting the journey from Kottawa entry/exit point. Rs 400 will be charged, if a passenger starts the journey from Maharagama.
The buses are equipped with all facilities and safety measures.
Courtesy: Daily News
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President appoints Deshabandu Tennakoon as acting IGP November 29, 2023
- Creditor nations likely to agree on Sri Lanka debt restructuring – report November 29, 2023
- Netherlands returns six looted colonial-era artefacts to Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023