Macrae explains reason for not paying van hire
Head of the Channel 4 media team Callum Macrae has said, on twitter, that they did not pay the driver, who brought them to Colombo on Thursday, as they were forced to return by the police.
“Trouble is not usually a good idea to offer to pay when they order you into a van,” his tweet said.
He has also claimed that the protest was an orchestrated one and the Sri Lankan government should worry more about the people who quietly shake their hands or give them the thumbs up. He has written, “First time I’ve heard of being charged by police for a taxi fare when they lift you (but for the record v happy to pay!) Police minicabsLtd!”
Police spokesman SSP Ajith Rohana said the crew wanted a vehicle to travel to Colombo.
(Courtesy: The Island)
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
I think government can funded to the van driver, and organize a trip to this news team to visit north. But along with the government supervision.
May be they funded by LTTE supporters to transport weapons and military ideas to old LTTE supporters. So be vigilant.