Mahara Prison Clash: Another inmate dies – 38 inmates infected with COVID-19
Posted in Local News
Another inmate who was admitted to the Ragama Hospital after being injured in the clash at the Mahara Prison on Sunday (29) has died.
Accordingly, 9 inmates died in the incident. A spokesman for the Ragama Hospital said that 108 others, including two prison officers are being treated.
Meanwhile, after rapid antigen tests were carried out on inmates who were admitted to the hospital, 12 more inmates identified as COVID-19 infectees.
26 infected inmates were identified yesterday. Accordingly, it has been confirmed that 38 inmates who have been referred for treatment have been infected with COVID-19.
(AP Photo / Eranga Jayawardena)
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023