Mahesh, Pallewatte likely to support NPP: Vijitha Herath
JVP propaganda secretary Vijitha Herath said yesterday (25) they were hopeful of several candidates contesting the upcoming presidential election extending their support to the National Peoples Power (NPP) candidate Anura Kumara Dissanayake.
He told a news conference that a discussion was in progress with candidates Mahesh Senanayake and Rohan Pallewatte in a bid to obtain their support.
He said Mr. Senanayake’s policy was to fight against the current political culture and that NPP was totally agreeable to his policy.
“The discussion has so far been successful and we are hopeful of working together,’ he said.
(Source: Daily Mirror – By Ajith Siriwardana)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Health Minister says people seeking treatment at government hospitals have increased by 40% October 4, 2023
- Sanath Nishantha to pay electric bills of SLPP low-income families October 4, 2023
- Chairman of CEYPETCO and CPSTL Uvais Mohamed resigns October 4, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Nadeesha Dilhani Lekamge wins Asian Games athletics medal after 17 years October 3, 2023
- World Bank boosts Sri Lanka economic forecasts after inflation progress October 3, 2023