Mahinda & Basil Rajapaksa pledge before Supreme Court, will not leave country until hears Fundamental Rights petition
Former Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa and former Finance Minister Basil Rajapaksa today (July 14) pledged before the Supreme Court through their lawyers that they will not leave the country until the Fundamental Rights petition filed against them is heard tomorrow (July 15).
Supreme Court five-judge-bench bench comprising Chief Justice Jayantha Jayasuriya, Justice Buwaneka Aluwihare, Justice Priyantha Jayawardena, Justice Vijith Malalgoda and Justice L.T.B. Dehideniya.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Dengue cases increased to 78,322 December 7, 2023
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023