Mahinda Rajapaksa and Basil Rajapaksa prevented from leaving Sri Lanka until July 28
The Supreme Court of Sri Lanka today (July 15) issued an order barring Former Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa and Former Finance Minister Basil Rajapaksa from leaving the country until the 28th of July.
The order was made by a Supreme Court bench including Chief Justice Jayantha Jayasuriya, and Justices Buwaneka Aluvihare, Priyantha Jayawardena, Vijith Malalgoda, and L. T. B. Dehideniya.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Asian Games 2023: India women bag Gold medal in cricket September 25, 2023
- Sachithra Senanayake granted bail September 25, 2023
- Wanindu Hasaranga likely to miss ICC World Cup due to hamstring injury – report September 25, 2023
- Sri Lanka receives USD 890,000 interim compensation for damages by X-Press Pearl September 24, 2023
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023