Mahindananda acquitted from funds misappropriation case
Minister Mahindananda Aluthgamage has been acquitted by the Colombo High Court over the misappropriation of Rs. 3.9 million belonging to the Sri Lanka Freedom Labour Congress.
The lengthy trial of 04 years came to a conclusion before the Colombo High Court Justice Adithya Patabendige, today (February 25).
The Attorney General had filed the case against Mahindananda Aluthgamage over a case of misappropriating funds worth Rs 3.9 million from the Sri Lanka Freedom Labour Congress trade union while acting as its chairman, during the regime of President Mahinda Rajapaksa.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- CEB Spokesman Noel Priyantha resigns over controversial remarks February 22, 2024
- Sri Lanka settles US$ 20 million Iranian oil debt with tea February 22, 2024
- Sri Lanka’s Public Security Minister affirms continuation of operations despite pressure February 21, 2024
- Rear Admiral Pradeep Rathnayake appointed as Chief of Staff of Sri Lanka Navy February 21, 2024
- Ceylon Electricity Board to reduce electricity tariffs by nearly 20 percent February 21, 2024