Mahindananda acquitted from funds misappropriation case
Posted in Local News
Minister Mahindananda Aluthgamage has been acquitted by the Colombo High Court over the misappropriation of Rs. 3.9 million belonging to the Sri Lanka Freedom Labour Congress.
The lengthy trial of 04 years came to a conclusion before the Colombo High Court Justice Adithya Patabendige, today (February 25).
The Attorney General had filed the case against Mahindananda Aluthgamage over a case of misappropriating funds worth Rs 3.9 million from the Sri Lanka Freedom Labour Congress trade union while acting as its chairman, during the regime of President Mahinda Rajapaksa.
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya arrested over remarks on Buddhism May 28, 2023
- Veteran Diplomat Jayantha Dhanapala passes away May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka President instructs to install high-tech scanners at BIA VIP terminal May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka to commence Cannabis cultivation project May 26, 2023
- Dr. Shafi Shihabdeen reassigned to Kurunegala Hospital May 26, 2023