Maithri demands Rs. 2.5 billion from Tissa
Posted in Local News
Common opposition candidate Maithripala Sirisena has demanded Rs. 2.5 billion from Health Minister and former UNP General Secretary Tissa Attanayake for presenting a forged document.
Mr. Sirisena cited that the forged document had tarnished his image and therefore he had sent the letter of demand through his lawyer.
He has also instructed his team of lawyers to take legal action against those who create, print and distribute the forged document.
The letter of demand says that Mr. Sirisena had never signed an agreement with UNP National Leader Ranil Wickremesinghe on November 1 or any other day.
The letter of demand
- Sri Lanka relaxes import restrictions on over 300 items June 10, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to go ahead with privatising SLT despite ‘NO’ from S.O.C. on National Security June 10, 2023
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023