Malaysia Airlines Colombo-bound flight makes turn back
A Malaysia Airlines flight bound for Colombo, Sri Lanka made a turn back early Sunday after take off, flight tracking sites showed.
According to Flightradar24, Malaysia Airlines MH179 was circling above Malacca Strait shortly after taking off late Saturday.
“MH179 is returning to Kuala Lumpur after 2 hours of fuel burn to reduce landing weight,” it said.
“MH 179 landed safely back at Kuala Lumpur airport. The reason for the return is not known at the moment,” it twitted later.
Malaysia Airlines is struggling to recover after two major air disasters in 2014. Flight MH370 went missing on March 8 last year en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing with 239 people on board while Flight MH17 crashed in eastern Ukraine on July 17 on its way from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur. All 298 people aboard were killed.
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023