Massive trade union action in Sri Lanka on March 01
Many trade unions have decided at a meeting attended by trade union representatives last evening (February 16) to engage in a massive collective strike on March 01.
Accordingly, the trade union action is supported by the employees of petroleum, electricity, ports, water supply & drainage, health, education, banking and several other sectors.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Asian Games 2023: India women bag Gold medal in cricket September 25, 2023
- Sachithra Senanayake granted bail September 25, 2023
- Wanindu Hasaranga likely to miss ICC World Cup due to hamstring injury – report September 25, 2023
- Sri Lanka receives USD 890,000 interim compensation for damages by X-Press Pearl September 24, 2023
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023