Mathews ton helps set 350-run lead in 2nd Test
Posted in Sports News
Sri Lanka captain Angelo Mathews scored his highest test innings of 160 before the visitors were dismissed for 457 after tea on the fourth day, setting England a victory target of 350 in the second test at Headingley on Monday.
That left England needing to set a new national record if they were to emerge victorious, with their highest fourth-innings total to win a test the 332 they managed against Australia in 1928/29.
Liam Plunkett finished with 4-112, and James Anderson bagged 3-91.
Mathews scored his second hundred in as many tests as the tourists got on top of England.
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
Glad to see SL cricket team is in reliable hands. He has earnrd his place and thoroughly deserve to be the captain. Also great to see SL’s seam bowlers success.