Maximum retail prices imposed on rice
Posted in Local News
The Consumer Affairs Authority (CAA) says that Maximum Retail Prices have been imposed on several rice varieties with effect from today (10).
Accordingly, the maximum retail price of a kilo of Kiri Samba is 125 rupees.
A kilo of samba except white and red samba as well as boiled suduru samba should be 90 rupees.
A kilo of white and red kekulu samba should also be sold for Rs. 90
Maximum price for selling white and red kekulu rice is Rs.85
The Consumer Affairs Authority (CAA) stressed that rice should not sold, or submitted for sale or displayed for sale higher than the above stipulated prices.
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank warns general public over 8 pyramid-type schemes May 31, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 31, 2023
- Chinese reaffirms support for Sri Lanka’s economic recovery May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank to hold rates as inflation stays high May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023