MENLP urges ‘beware of crocodiles’ message in Tamil, English
Posted in Local News
The move to display ‘beware of crocodiles’ message at the walking path near the Parliament in Sinhala is a violation of language policy rights, the Movement for Enforcement of National Language Policy (MENLP) points out.
In a letter to Speaker Karu Jayasuriya, the MENLP has said the warning massage should be displayed in Tamil and English languages as well.
“We kindly request you to issue a directive to display a warning message in Tamil language to ensure the safety of people,” the statement added.
- Police secures court order to block NPP protest planned for today June 8, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka to face rape trial in Australia June 8, 2023
- Digital Promotion Agency to be established for introducing new App to collect data of public sector – President June 8, 2023
- SriLankan CEO believes ‘worst is over’, expects $50 Million profit next year June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s official reserve assets increase by 26.2% in May June 7, 2023