Mihin Lanka flight returns
A Mihin Lanka flight en-route to Dhaka from Colombo was forced to return to the Bandaranaike International Airport (BIA) on Sunday due to a technical failure.
The Mihin Lanka flight MRL501 along with 159 passengers and 7 flight crew had departed BIA at 7.25 am and grounded at 10.20 am.
Passengers complained that Mihin Lanka authorities failed to ensure that the passengers reached their destination.
The BIA officials said the reason of the emergency landing is not yet known and added the authorities are inspecting the aircraft to determine the technical fault.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023