Mihin Lanka flight returns
Posted in Local News
A Mihin Lanka flight en-route to Dhaka from Colombo was forced to return to the Bandaranaike International Airport (BIA) on Sunday due to a technical failure.
The Mihin Lanka flight MRL501 along with 159 passengers and 7 flight crew had departed BIA at 7.25 am and grounded at 10.20 am.
Passengers complained that Mihin Lanka authorities failed to ensure that the passengers reached their destination.
The BIA officials said the reason of the emergency landing is not yet known and added the authorities are inspecting the aircraft to determine the technical fault.
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023