Minister’s Defender causes water cut
Water supply to several areas in Colombo has been temporarily disrupted after the main water line near the Diyawanna Oya was ruptured due to a vehicle collision. The Defender vehicle involved in the accident is rumored to belong to a high ranking government Minister.
The vehicle is reported to have skidded off the road and gone down the bridge near the Diyawanna Oya close to the Parliament and had hit the water line below the bridge causing it to burst. The water line travels from the Ambathale Water Purification Plant to Dehiwala and other parts of Colombo.
Due to this the following areas will face a temporary water cut till 9.00 pm today: Borella, Jawatta, Thunmulla, Havelock Road, Thimbirigasyaya, Polhengoda, Pamankada, Wellawaya, Bambalapitiya, Nugegoda, Kirulapana – Nugegoda Junction, Attidiya, Mulleriyawa, Badowita, Kalubowila, Kohuwala, Dehiwala – Mount Lavinia, Ratmalana, Kohilawatta and Udumulla.
Courtesy: Ada Derana
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Health Minister says people seeking treatment at government hospitals have increased by 40% October 4, 2023
- Sanath Nishantha to pay electric bills of SLPP low-income families October 4, 2023
- Chairman of CEYPETCO and CPSTL Uvais Mohamed resigns October 4, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Nadeesha Dilhani Lekamge wins Asian Games athletics medal after 17 years October 3, 2023
- World Bank boosts Sri Lanka economic forecasts after inflation progress October 3, 2023