Minister rejects SLC request to hand over broadcasting rights to Ten Sports
Issuing a statement, the Ministry of Sports states that Minister Mahindananda Aluthgamage has rejected a request made by the Chairman of Sri Lanka Cricket to hand over broadcasting rights to Ten Sports for a period of seven years without a tender procedure.
When Sports1st inquired about the matter from the Chairman of SLC Upali Dharmadasa, he said that the request was not a unilateral decision and added that the request was made based on the broadcast agreement signed with Ten Sports.
Speaking further, Dharmadasa added that this decision was forwarded to the Minister of Sports following the recommendations of the committee appointed to decide on broadcasting rights.
The Minister had arrived at this decision after consulting the Attorney General for legal advise and had directed SLC to follow open tender procedures. (Courtesy: News First)
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023