Motion seeking budget cuts to Prime Minister’s office passed
Posted in Local News
The motion against the expenses at the Prime Minister’s Office passed with 123 votes in favor and no votes against, with no opposition, Speaker Karu Jayasuriya announced a while ago.
The electronic vote was conducted but several MPs who were unable to cast their electronic vote, expressed their vote verbally.
Speaker suspended parliament until 10.30am tomorrow (Nov 30).
Today’s parliament sitting was boycotted by government parliament MPs except Wijedasa Rajapaksa. Ven. Athuraliye Rathana Thera too attended the sitting as an independent MP.
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s key inflation rate eases to 25.2% in May June 1, 2023
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023