Motion seeking cut off funds to Ministers passed
Posted in Local News
A motion submitted by UNP to suspend expenditure s of all Cabinet, Deputy & State Ministers and their personal staff passed in parliament.
The motion was passed with 122 votes in favour and no votes against as government MPs decided to boycott the Parliament for a fourth straight session.
The motion was presented by MP Patali Champika Ranawaka.
Speaker adjourns Parliament until 10:30 AM on December 05.
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023