MPs who voted in favour of Port City Bill, traitors – JVP
The JVP says all Parliamentarians who voted in favour of the Colombo Port City Economic Commission Bill have already gone down in history as traitors.
JVP Chief Secretary Tilvin Silva speaking at a media briefing today said all MPs who voted in favour of the Bill cannot speak of patriotism in future.
Silva said yesterday will be marked as a day that the country was betrayed.
Silva added individuals who spoke of patriotism, spoke of their love for the country and opposed the Millennium Challenge Corporation without any hesitation voted in favour of the Port City Bill yesterday.
He claimed the government sought to pass an unconstitutional Bill yet was obstructed owing to the legal action that was sought before the Supreme Court.
He noted the harmful effects of the Bill was therefore mitigated to a certain extent.
He said a very harmful Bill was passed in Parliament yesterday.
(Source: News Radio)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Nadeesha Dilhani Lekamge wins Asian Games athletics medal after 17 years October 3, 2023
- World Bank boosts Sri Lanka economic forecasts after inflation progress October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President slams western media, says no to international probe October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Bondholder Lawsuit Should Be Put on Hold, U.S. Says October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch new vehicle revenue license system (eRL 2.0) on October 7 October 3, 2023