Nathasha Edirisooriya further remanded – Bruno Divakara granted bail
Stand-up comedian Nathasha Edirisooriya was further remanded until July 05 by the Colombo Fort Magistrate Court today (June 21).
Nathasha Edirisooriya, who had made certain disrespectful remarks on Buddhism, was arrested by the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) at the Bandaranaike International Airport (BIA) on May 28 while attempting to leave the country.
Meanwhile, Bruno Divakara, the owner of the YouTube channel ‘SL VLOG’ where Nathasha’s video was published, was released on bail condition.
Bruno Divakara was arrested by the CID on May 31, after grilling him for more than 08 hours over the recent controversial comments of the stand-up comedian.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023
- IMF chief Kristalina and Sri Lanka President Ranil discuss ongoing reforms and debt restructuring efforts September 21, 2023
- Two killed, two injured in shooting at Avissawella September 21, 2023
- Batticaloa Campus returned to Hizbullah September 20, 2023
- Dasun Shanaka to remain Captain for ICC World Cup 2023 September 20, 2023