Nathasha Edirisooriya released on bail
Nathasha Edirisooriya, who was arrested over her remarks on Buddhism, was released on bail today (July 05).
Colombo High Court Judge Aditya Patabendi ordered the release of the suspect on a cash bail of Rs.100,000 after considering a petition filed on behalf of Nathasha Edirisooriya.
After Deputy Solicitor General Dileepa Peiris, who appeared on behalf of the Attorney General, raised no objections against granting bail to Nathasha Edirisooriya, was ordered to be released on bail conditions.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023
- IMF chief Kristalina and Sri Lanka President Ranil discuss ongoing reforms and debt restructuring efforts September 21, 2023
- Two killed, two injured in shooting at Avissawella September 21, 2023
- Batticaloa Campus returned to Hizbullah September 20, 2023