National Govt. will continue: Ranil
Soon after defeating the no-confidence motion against him in Parliament, Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe told the media that the current National government will continue with the members who remain in it.
“We lost some of our members but we will continue to govern with those who remain with us,” he said.
The Prime Minister said he will meet President Maithripala Sirisena on Friday.
Additionally, he said the reorganisation of the UNP and the task of fulfilling the pledges of January 2015 will begin soon.
(Source: Daily Mirror – Pix by Reuters)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Countrywide power outage in Sri Lanka due to a system failure December 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka to implement another electricity tariff revision in January 2024 December 9, 2023
- ‘Kush’ worth Rs. 100 Million seized in luggage left behind at Bandaranaike International Airport December 9, 2023
- Air Arabia launches direct flights to Sri Lanka from Abu Dhabi December 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy promotes 1,877 personnel on its 73rd anniversary December 9, 2023