Nationwide two minute silence to be observed today
Posted in Local News
The train caught in Giant Tsunami wave in Peraliya
A two minute silence will be observed nationwide today at 9.25 am to remember over 40,000 people killed by the tsunami that hit Sri Lanka in 2004.
Since the tsunami, Sri Lanka declared every year in December 26 as the National Safety Day. The main event to mark the day will be held in Kaththankudi, Batticaloa.
Courtesy: DM Online
- Sri Lanka appointed Special parliamentary committee to probe New Diamond, X-Press Pearl disasters June 6, 2023
- Cabinet approves proposal to reduce Maximum Retail Prices of 60 types of medicine June 6, 2023
- Two officers of Agrarian Service Centre arrested for soliciting a bribe June 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023