Nationwide two minute silence to be observed today
The train caught in Giant Tsunami wave in Peraliya
A two minute silence will be observed nationwide today at 9.25 am to remember over 40,000 people killed by the tsunami that hit Sri Lanka in 2004.
Since the tsunami, Sri Lanka declared every year in December 26 as the National Safety Day. The main event to mark the day will be held in Kaththankudi, Batticaloa.
Courtesy: DM Online
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- World’s leading tech companies deeply criticize Sri Lanka’s Online Safety Bill October 2, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government says No more emergency purchases of medicines October 2, 2023
- IMF unveils 16-point plan to address governance challenges in Sri Lanka October 2, 2023
- Corrupt elements use Parliament, Finance Ministry to evade taxes October 2, 2023
- CEYPETCO and Lanka IOC increases fuel prices October 1, 2023